firstname.lastname@example.org . http://krisunderwood.blogspot.com
Mentor for MotherVerse Workshop, MotherVerse Magazine, 2008
- Assisted participants in setting up a blog on Blogger.com, focusing on both technical aspects and the development of writing. Offered guidance and suggestions on participant’s writing; answered questions and advised on a one-on-one basis via email and message board.
"About the Jewelry" (poem, print)
PoemCity '13, Montpelier, Vermont 2013
“Let’s Call This What It Is” (poem, print)
Portland Poetry Posts, Portland, Oregon, 2012
“The Last Pregnancy” (poem, print)
PoemCity2012 , presented by Montpelier Alive!
Displayed at the Kellogg-Hubbard Library, Montpelier, Vermont, 2012
Bear Pond Books Open Poetry Reading, 1999-2012 (Annual), Montpelier, Vermont
Mama Says Mother’s Day Poetry Slam, 2011, Montpelier, Vermont
“All The Birds Say ‘Caw-Caw’” (poem, print, previously published at Poetry Midwest)
PoetryAlive!, Presented by Montpelier Alive!
Displayed at Delish: Montpelier’s Sweet Shop, Montpelier, Vermont, 2011
Langdon Street Cafe Poetry Slam, 2010, Montpelier, Vermont
Poets of the Palm Beaches Reading, 2002-2003, West Palm Beach, FLA
Education and Related Work
Advanced Social Media Workshop, Vermont Small Business Development Center, 2012
Regis College, concentration in English, 2000-2001
Community College of Vermont, concentration in Liberal Arts/English, 1999-2000
Social Media Coordinator at Hunger Mountain, The VCFA journal of the arts, 2011-2014
- Social media development for Hunger Mountain site (Facebook & Twitter). Since I started, Social Media activity (Twitter & Facebook) has nearly tripled. Read poetry submissions for journal as needed.
Book Review, DaCapo/Lifelong Press, 2008-Present
- Read and post reviews of books from publisher on my blog. Books reviewed: The Letters of Allen Ginsberg, 2008; Emotionally Healthy Twins: A New Philosophy For Parenting Two Unique Children, Joan A. Freidman, Ph.D., 2008; Anjum’s Eat Right For Your Body Type: the Super-Healthy Detox Diet Inspired by Ayurveda, Anjum Anand, 2011; Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness Through Ayurveda, Chinese and Western Science, Claudia Welch, 2011.
Contributing Blogger,The Imperfect Parent, 2008-2011
- Blog about parent related news and events. Some topics covered: “Bayer (and others) Face Numerous Lawsuits Over Birth Control Pills,” “Drugs, Side Effects and Women,” “Nutmeg Frenzy,” “Kids and E-Books: What Do You Think?”
Columnist-Mama Writes, Mamazina Magazine, 2009 – 2010
- Explored all aspects of writing and motherhood: what works, what doesn't, mother writers throughout history, tips on writing/blogging within and without the mothering world online.
Managing Editor, Mamazina Magazine, 2009 –2010
- Oversee Mamazina blog (formerly Mom Writer's Literary Magazine), post if needed. Make up the monthly blog schedule. Create email news, updates and info concerning the magazine and send it out to staff. Sort through and read regular and contest submissions.
Cover Editor, Mom Writer's Literary Magazine, 2008 – 2009
- Solicit and Interview Mom writers for the cover story feature, usually by phone or email. Format interview for print and online publication.
Writer's Resource Editor, Mom Writer's Literary Magazine, 2007 – 2009
- Research writing/literary sites and organizations suited to Mom writers for inclusion in the online and print magazine.
Contributing Writer/Blogger, MotherVerse Magazine, 2007 – 2009
- Writing and poetry have been featured in issues 6, 7 and 8. Posted regularly on the MotherVerse Blog about parenting issues, news and occasional interviews.
Contributing Writer, Green Mom Finds, 2007 – 2008
- Research 'green' environmentally friendly products, tips and websites to be posted on the site.
Contributing Writer, Moms Speak Up, 2007 – 2008
- Write and research about what's going on in the environment, dangerous imports, health care, food safety, education, politics and many other topics of concern.
Book Review, University of Michigan Press, 2008
- Read and post reviews of books from publisher on my blog. Books reviewed: The Price of Racial Reconciliation, Ronald W. Walters, March 2008; The Unraveling Archive: Essays on Sylvia Plath, Edited by Anita Helle, 2007.
See the "Publications" page
See "Book Reviews"