Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Top 10 Cookbooks I Use In My Kitchen

I love to cook and bake. I love being in the kitchen and making something delicious from scratch. There have always been those basic cookbooks to work from; then there are the specialty cookbooks that are so much fun. Then, there are those specialty magazines that come out in the fall and winter holidays: Fall Baking, Holiday Baking, Christmas Cookies  from Better Homes  & Gardens and Taste of Home. So yummy! Great if you want to indulge a bit!

Is ten too many cookbooks for one to have? The fact that this is the Top Ten implies that I have more. Yes, I have more, but not that many more. Probably.

How many, and which ones, do you use on a regular basis?




-Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook, 14th Edition (2006)

-Betty Crocker New Edition (2005)

-The New Basics Cookbook, Julie Russo & Sheila Lukins (1989)

-Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook, Beth Hensperger (2004)

-Make It Fast, Cook It Slow, Stephanie O' Dea (2009)

-Spanish Cooking, Parragon Books (2004)

-How To Cook Everything Vegetarian, Mark Bittman (2007)

-Wildly Affordable Organic, Linda Watson (2011)

-Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook, 9th Edition (1981)

-Anjum's Eat Right For Your Body Type: the Super-Healthy Detox Diet Inspired by Ayurveda, Anjum Anand (2011)




2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm a bit behind you on cookbook use! We have a comprehensive Good Housekeeping cookbook for basic reference, and I love to grill, so I'll try out recipes from Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill (but his rubs can be too laborious to make on a regular basis). To be honest, I've got a set of recipes that over the years I've tweaked to my liking, and sometimes I'll just experiment, often to my detriment and others dining with me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to cook from scratch as much as I can. That way I know what's going into my food. I like variety, thus the many cookbooks. And, I can admit to having more than 10 cookbooks. I may have a slight obsession. I also have a Better Homes and Gardens from the '50s, but I don't use it much. It's fun to look through, though.

      Delete