Monday, July 18, 2011

The Gone With the Wind Read-A-Long at The Heroine's Bookshelf

In honor of Gone With the Wind's 75th anniversary, The Heroine's Bookshelf is hosting a read-a-long this August.

Starting August 1st, read along and discuss (what some think to be) one of the greatest novels.

I've read the book many times and have seen the movie. To be honest, I prefer the movie over the book. Recently, on the Hunger Mountain Facebook page I posted something about the anniversary of the book-something about a group in Atlanta commemorating the classic by dressing in character. I certainly didn't expect the response! Turned into a lively, heated discussion on race, the US and the South.

Will you be reading along? I will be. I have a hardback copy from 1954 that's still in pretty good shape.  Bought it for 50 cents at a resale book shop. The original first edition hardback came in at 1,037 pages! This one weighs in at 689 pages, due to the double column page format.


For more info and rules, including prizes and the reading schedule, check the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment