Monday, June 20, 2011

New Books On My Shelf (June)

Just Tell Me What to Eat! The Delicious 6-Week Weight Loss Plan For the Real World Timothy S Harlan, MD
(Da Capo/Lifelong Books)
 Loving this book! Not your basic, traditional weight loss/diet book. Delicious recipes, real, healthy food. Focusing on a more Mediterranean diet.

Always On: How the iPhone Unlocked the Anything-Anytime-Anywhere Future-and Locked Us In, Brian X. Chen
(Da Capo/Lifelong Books)
 Just got this today. It looks pretty frightening in the sense that technology has kind of overtaken our brains. Just the other day, I was walking down the street & this guy was walking towards me, with his iPhone (or some other such device) and ran right into me! Didn't even see me. I've known people who have literally run into walls, lamp posts, stop signs, etc., while walking around town. Maybe you could look up once in awhile and pay attention to your environment. Just saying.

Room, Emma Donoghue

Raising Elijah: Protecting Our Children in an Age of Environmental Crisis, Sandra Steingraber
(Da Capo/Lifelong)

Anjum's Eat Right for Your Body Type: The Super-Healthy Detox Diet Inspired by Ayurveda
(Da/Capo/Lifelong)
This is one of my favorite books to cook from. Delicious recipes, once again. I always feel better after eating the dishes in this book. Yum! Plus, it's just a gorgeous book.

No comments:

Post a Comment