Monday, November 29, 2010

Lit Mags & Other Stuff I'm Reading (November '10)

Brain, Child Fall '10. I'm having issues with the debate section. They pose the question: Should a parent who shares custody be allowed to move out of the area? i say YES!

My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me:
40 new Fairy Tales-Loving this book!! Great title, great stories. What I like about this book: the stories are short, incremental, thus the ability to put the book down for an extended period of time w/out losing your place or forgetting what the hell is going on. Plus, it's just good.


Her Fearful Symmetry, Audrey Niffenegger-I finished this a few weeks ago.Very creepy. Especially towards the end. I think what really bothered me about it is you never really know the characters in the book. Not knowing the characters could actually work in some instances. However, for the size of the book (almost 400 pages), you'd think we'd get more character background/history.

No comments:

Post a Comment