Thursday, November 20, 2008

For All Who Asked, The Hungarian Stew Recipe!

4 Tbsp flour
2 lbs beef, cubed
1 onion
potatoes
1/2 tsp Hungarian Paprika
2 c. water
3 c saurkraut (big jar)
1 cup sour cream

Brown beef in skillet with enough oil to coat bottom of pan, flour, pinch of salt and pepper. Move beef to stock pot. Add onion, paprika, water, saurkraut, potatoes, a couple more shakes of salt & pepper. Simmer an hour or till meat is tender. Stir in sour cream before serving.


Now, this is from a soup place in Montpelier, Vermont & the recipe was hand-written with not very good directions. They were easy enough to understand, though here I have tried to write them a little more cohesively.

If you try out this recipe, let me know how it turned out. It's absolutely delicious!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am trying to look for recipes online that I can cook for my family. I hope I'll do justice to your recipe. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete