Monday, August 18, 2008

Vegan Lunch Box, Review


Vegan Lunch Box
130 Amazing, Animal-Free Lunches
Kids and Grown-Ups Will Love
Jennifer Mc Cann
DaCapo Press/Lifelong Books, 2008
280 pages, $19.95/$21.00 CAN
ISBN: 978-1-60094-072-9

I don't eat as much meat as I used to. There are several reasons for this-the quality of meat in your basic supermarket is not likely to be very high; The recent stories of the treatment (not to mention all the crap they inject (hormones, antibiotics, etc.) of the cows in the big agro farms has totally put me off; and sometimes, too much meat is just too much. Occasionally, I still like a piece of meat, though, and will buy organic.

I'm not strictly Vegan or Vegetarian, but when I came across Vegan Lunch Box, I enjoyed it for the simple, yet tasty and diverse recipes; the easy to follow menu guides and the allergen-free index in the back. One of my favorite recipes is the Full Meal Muffins, a muffin packed to the top with nutrients sure to fill up the kids without the sugar overload.

And the desserts! Ah....the desserts. Cherry Chip Brownies, anyone?


Visit the Dacapo Site
Visit Jennifer McCann's blog
Review over at Green Mom Finds

No comments:

Post a Comment