Monday, January 21, 2008

Toxic Bathroom, Part 2

As if all this weren't enough, there's more. Yep. It's amazing how much crap accumulates in the bathroom-no pun intended. Seriously.

To continue on from the shampoos. etc., I went through all the lotions/facial care, toothpastes/dental care, and other miscellany I could find. Again, I used the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database, run by the Environmental Working Group, to determine the level of toxicity.

This round, not as bad as the last actually. Although, I didn't include a few others, which are so toxic, they might cause your skin to melt off. Perhaps another round later?

One question, though: What are we doing with so many deodorants?


1. Almay concealer, rating of 4

2. Almay antiperspirant deodorant, clear gel, fragrance free, rating of 1-yea!

3. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails series, rating of 6

4. Sally Hansen Nail Polish Remover, rating of 6

5. L'Oreal Men's Expert Comfort Max After Shave, rating of 6

6. Mitchum Deodorant, clear gel, rating of 1!

7. Kiss My Face Deodorant, Fragrance Free, rating of 1

8. Arm and Hammer Whitening Toothpaste, rating of 3/4 (thought this would be higher)

9. Listerine Mouthwash, rating of 5

10. Tom's of Maine Deodorant/toothpaste/fluoride free toothpaste, ratings of 2, 2, and 2, respectively.

11. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, rating of 4


*********
Want To Get A Little More "Green"? Stop by here for tips, finds and resources.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Ha! Can you believe that some of the wonderful "organic" stuff we have is worse than the regular? I give up. Guess, I'll have to just cross my fingers and look things up whenever I can. Thanks again for a great blog on toxins. Do you have any idea if there's a place to look up household cleaners for toxicity levels? I can hardly wait to see if you blog about that! Thanks! (If you already have just let me know how to get to that blog, new reader).

    ReplyDelete