Saturday, June 09, 2007

Hey, What Do You Know......

Awhile back, as in June of last year, I posted this knowing I'd finish at least one of the books within a year. I surprised myself and finished two as well as delving half way into another. Woo! What an accomplishment.
These days, I rarely have time to actually sit down and read a book all the way through. Not unless you count Miss Spider's Tea Party, The Cat In The Hat and the entire Madeline series.
:)

Let me tell you, I would recommend ALL of those books. I actually read Wicked a while back, when I still had all my brain cells functioning at a high level. A great intricate story about a legendary literary character. Have not read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister yet. It remains on the list.

Mozart's Women-go out and buy this if you are a Mozart fan. Even if you aren't, at least get it from the library. It was a breeze to read for a biography and fascinating, a hard thing to come by in that category. Think you know everything about the man? Read this book...rare insights, more information on his sister, known as Nannerl, than I have ever come across. Highly recommended!

Hot and Bothered-I devoured this in ONE NIGHT. For real. Just about any woman can relate to the main character. I love how it was written too-very much like life-short bursts of activity richocheting off the drama of life. And, of course, the actual language of the book caught my eye...

The vivenne eliot book....I only got halfway into this one. And am still there. I will admit, this is a heavy book to read, both in language and content; alot of background information. Still, I recommend it. She was such a facinating woman and we (and the literary world) hardly know anything of her. A tragic yet amazing figure.

So, that's a little update on an old post having to do with some excellent books. And, you get some great recommendations....

Technorati Tags: , , ,
Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

  1. I have heard about that Mozart book... good to know that it's worth the read! Thanks for sharing!
    - Audrey
    Pinks & Blues

    ReplyDelete