Thursday, February 01, 2007

Devilish

I have started on The Devil Wears Prada (2003), the book. I wanted to actually read the book before I saw the movie. And, yes, I am just now getting around to the book. Brand-new books are expensive these days...at almost $26-30 for a single hardback, or more in some cases...the book has to be absolutely Fan-tas-tic for me to buy it brand-new. Otherwise, it can wait till it gets to the library or is at the re-sale bookshop. Anyway, I'm only 40 pages into it. Not quite sure what to think of it. I don't have any immediate reaction, like 'it sucks!' or 'it's great!' Although, some of the language is trendy and already dated by now, so in reading it today, in 2007, it seems a bit trite. But, a psycho, ruthless boss from hell, somewhat vapid fashion bitches? Sounds like fun.

More later when I finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment