Sunday, November 26, 2006

People I'd Like To Meet-Dead or Alive

An ever changing and growing list....

I've noticed, as I go through the list compiled in my head over the years on the above subject, that most are musicians and writers and such. Not surprising, really.

-Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. Amazing lyricist. If I ever had the chance to actually meet him, I imagine the only words that would come out of my mouth-there would be no stopping them-Oh my god! You ROCK! Of course, I'd like to think I could be all calm and collected about it. I'd love to see him in concert before he retires.

-Sylvia Plath. Yes, think what you like about that one. Very much a wordsmith.

-Carlos and Deborah Santana. Carlos because he rocks on the guitar like nothing else and Deborah because she has done so much amazing things in terms of human rights.

-Gary Oldman. Truly a great actor. A chameleon of character.

-Daniel Day-Lewis
. I first saw him in Last of the Mohicans. I began to really appreciate his talent after I saw him in Gangs of New York. Then, one day recently, I finally saw Room With A View. Wow. Talk about versatility. You would never guess it was the same person from all three movies.

To Be Continued...

1 comment: