Monday, September 11, 2006

Poets Of The Palm Beaches

While I was in Florida, I had the pleasure of reading with a few members of the Poets of the Palm Beaches, courtesy of one very feisty woman.

This was the best thing about my time down there. Every Tuesday down at O’Shea’s, poets would gather and share what they had written for the pure pleasure of writing and constructive feedback.

In truth, I miss this kind of atmosphere. I came out of each meeting (nearly) with something: lines for a new poem, a great conversation-humor ran rampant here-, helpful criticism well taken. It also didn’t hurt that it was 70/80 degrees around 8/9 at night, in the middle of November.

In most of the recent writing groups I have attended since seem to lack something that the experience of the readings at O’Shea’s provided.

I’m not sure what it is, but I’d like to find it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment