Thursday, September 14, 2006

CHBM Prompt: The Best Part About Fall Is....


Hmm…Fall Foliage and maple creme filled cookies with coffee.
Really. Living in New England, I have the advantage of seeing the country’s most spectacular show when it comes to Fall Foliage. I’ve never seen anything like it until I moved out here. I always think the mountains are on fire when fall rolls around.





The only downside to this is the Leaf Peepers. They come from all around the country by the busload, (big tour buses, I should add) invading our town for about two weeks. Great for them, a bit annoying for the townies that have to deal with the sudden influx of tourists and their exclamations of ‘What a quaint town!’ or ‘Do you know where…’ heard for the hundredth time that day.
But-whatever. I can be a tourist too.
The maple creme filled cookies (any kind will do)… These cookies really hit the spot in fall. Especially with that cup of coffee…I don’t know, they just taste better when there’s a bit of chill in the air...and the melty-ness of the maple with the coffee-yum. I would suggest the Vermont Coffee Company. What can I say-I have been spoiled in my taste for coffee…

Oh yes-could not forget the true sign of fall in Vermont: Cold Hollow Cider and Cider Donuts-freshly baked at Cold Hollow Cider Mill-Mmm, mmm.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

**Like what you see?
Subscribe in a reader

3 comments:

  1. I agree Vermont is beautiful. I have family there. Our NC mountains are quite a lovely scene, too. You've got to be careful of those tourist who can't drive on the curvy roads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes-I've only driven through NC on a couple of crazy trips. What I did see of the mountains there, were really beautiful.
    I don't know if I could live where there wasn't mountains..It would seem so unnatural to me at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those photos are georgous, makes me want to come be a tourist in your town....

    ReplyDelete